Monday, July 26, 2010

Wiki Project Ideas


Since my school district, San Diego County Office of Education’s Juvenile Court and Community Schools, is spread across San Diego County, wikis are used as a communication tool for committees.  However, prior to reading Using Wikis for Online Collaboration:  The Power of the Read-Write Web by James A. West and Margaret L. West (2009), I had not seriously considering using them in my classroom.   But, I have tampered with unofficial wikis by using shared documents in Google Docs with my students.  Within in this book, I discovered a wealth of suggested uses for wikis that stretched my imagination of how to use wikis in my classroom.  Hopefully, this listing of project J. West and M. West’s ideas by title can help to spin the creative wheels of other educators.

Resource
West, J. A., & West, M. L. (2008). Using Wikis for Online Collaboration: The Power of the Read-Write Web (Online Teaching and Learning Series (OTL)) (New ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.

No comments: